June 08, 2013

Birds on a Wire By Mary Kissel


Tangles used = Birds on a Wire, Abuzz, and a few tripoli

How exciting to see Mary's tangle used this week for The Diva's challenge. Mary and I sat beside each other at our CZT training last September. She is a gentle, kind and very thoughtful woman. I really enjoyed meeting her. I still carry in my wallet a little piece of origami that she folded for me. She is very talented in many ways and also recently retired. I am sure she was excited to see this post from the Diva. She has just returned from a wonderful trip to Hawaii to celebrate her retirement. Congratulations Mary! The post from the Diva can be found here and Mary's instructions can be found on her blog here.
   It is not an easy thing to create a tangle. At least not for me, but I did it and have used it in this tile next to Mary's. It seems a fitting to use it beside Mary's tangle.   I call it Abuzz because it reminds me of a bee hive in some ways. I will post the step outs soon and send it off to tangle patterns and see what happens with it. Not today though. I have girly friends coming over this afternoon to play croquet on my freshly mowed lawn ( that is mostly weeds). It is finally above 12 degrees celsius. It has been a cold, wet and rainy spring, so today is a great day at 15 degrees, with time to enjoy the outdoors with friends. 

Thanks Laura and Mary for a fun new challenge and tangle. 



3 comments: