November 29, 2012

Where to start this blog?

I will start at the beginning of course. The beginning is right here and now. So here I go, with my first ever blog post. It is amazing how we get to where we are. 
Zentangle® came into my life at exactly the right time. I won't go into details here, it's a very sad story. My dear friend came to me and wanted to show me what she had learned. We sat together for a couple of hours and she revealed to me the magic of this wonderful art form.  My friend knew that I needed the zen that tangling would give me and she was right. I found the focus I needed and learned that there was something incredibly awesome about this method of drawing. That special day was in March of 2010. Since then, I have shared it with other people. Each person that I have shared it with,  also wants to share it. 
I went to Rhode Island in September of this year. It was fabulous. Rick and Maria are beautiful people. Everyone, including the family and staff that looked after us durring the training are passionate about delivering the vision and method of Zentangle. The people that I met who attended were all so interesting and kind. I have many new friends as a result of this adventure.  I  would recommend the CZT training to anyone who asked. Now I  am proud to say that I am a Certified Zentangle Teacher. 




A warm welcome
from the start.


With our mentors, Rick and Maria



Zentangle cup cakes :))

          

Beautiful new friends


So here it is, my first post. Like a Zentangle tile, I don't know what the outcome will be, but I am ready to start the adventure. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice start. I look forward to seeing what develops. Best of luck.

    Cris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cris. I appreciate your feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sandy bartholomew was there!!! awck!!!!! i'd love to meet her - she is one of my inspirations, for sure! congratulations on becoming a CZT - it's a fun and incredible road to be on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw Sandy arrive I thought darn wish I had my books with me for her to autograph. Sandy's books are great and so is she.
      Thank you Alice for all of your kind comments and warm welcome.

      Delete