January 29, 2013

The Diva's 104th challenge

String Challenge 104

This is my tile for The Diva's String Challenge this week. You can find the challenge here.
She and her family are ill this week. I hope they find all the healing wishes being sent from all who participate in her challenge. 
I found this particularly challenging (as it was meant to be).  There were 14 spaces in the string to fill. It was definitely a learning experience. I used 7 patterns that I have not used before. In the future I woud look for ways to utilize a busy string to incorporate some negative space and maybe ignore some of those lines. 

10 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, the grey and your shading add so much atmosphere and depth! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I do have fun with the shading.

      Delete
  2. I agree this string is definitely a challenge. There are a lot of spaces and you came up with a nice array of tangles to fill them. I think shading does add a lot. Doing these Challenges definitely helps me focus on the process and look at what I can take from each one. The hard part is remembering it the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning use of tangled patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a great tile and realisation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lot of fun to look at, I like tangle that looks like buttons, they almost look like little faces, great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do agree that this string was hard to do. I think you did quite well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great string to fill with "new to me" tangles... you did a wonderful job, and it looks like you had fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are very generous and kind comments. I was not at all happy with the outcome, but the process is always good.

    ReplyDelete