March 12, 2013

Weekly Challenge #109: Zentangle Quest






I really enjoy the challenges that Laura puts out at I am the Diva.  Each week she comes up with some wonderful ideas that get so many people to put pen to paper. It is a pleasure to learn a little bit about Laura and see what others come up with. She has asked us to use the very cool technique that Maria Thomas posted on the Zentangle blog a couple of weeks ago. You will find that post here. I did the two tiles above in response to The Diva's challenge today. The process is what I am after with this method of drawing. I really do get to a place of relaxation when I tangle. 

Rick and Maria are looking for a name for this technique. I think a fitting name for this technique might be "blip". We all have them and refer to them as "blips in the road". Sometimes they are small and sometimes they are huge. We just continue to try to conquer them, "one stroke at a time".

I did a tile earlier this month in response to Maria's post. You can see that tile here




10 comments:

  1. Subtle and effective use of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely tangles here. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tiles both of them. I really like your blips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. both are real nice - fab shading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I really like the random "posts" in your top one. neat idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to see a different way of presenting this technique, great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun "blips" that's a great name!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great big thank you to all who have viewed and commented on this post. It's nice to share these chalenges and to see what others have done too,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane, I love the way you did these! So interesting and different!

    ReplyDelete