Mooka is such a fun tangle to draw. It doesn't always look the way you would like it to, but it sure feels good to draw. That's what I love about it. You can get so un-intentionally mindful while drawing this pattern. I focused on the spaces in the V shaped area to try to get them consistent and parallel. The curvy parts just flow. The shading, well that's a wonder with Mooka. I just gave the v area a little shade and then added my chop. I used Margaret Bremner's technique with a looped border which you can find here. My loops don't overlap, but rather touch in the centre. Thanks again and again to The Diva for her weekly challenges. You can find this one here.
In her post she mentions a Facebook conversation in our CZT (Certified Zentangle Teacher) page, where someone wondered which tangles we don't do because we have trouble with them.
I decided this was a good time to work on tripoli. Argh, It does give me trouble. I have figured out that if I really concentrate on keeping the lines parallell between the triangles it helps to improve the outcome. I like the bottom left part of this monotangled tile. The process was as it should be, a wonderful adventure. :)) Happy Easter.
This blog is about my adventure with Zentangle®. Zentangle is an easy to learn method of creating beautiful images from repetitive patterns. It has shown to increase focus and creativity. Zentangle is enjoyed by people with a wide range of skills and ages and is used in many fields of interest. The Zentangle art form and method was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. Zentangle ® is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com
March 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


In the monotangle the mooka meets and greets each other in perfect style! I love your variations of tripoli!
ReplyDeleteMooka's meet and greet. That's cute. Thanks Lee Ann.
DeleteI love how you have nestled the mooka together in this tile. Lovely!
ReplyDeleteThanks Helen, I like that,"nestled". Yes, I guess they are.
DeleteI had to go look up Margaret's looped border string before I understood, but now I see your looped string perfectly and how you've nestled smaller mookas in the loops. Great idea.
ReplyDeleteThat's exactly right Linda, I am so glad you had a chance to look into it. She is so clever.
DeleteJane, great tile just to sit back and enjoy. Like the shading. The overlapping ala hollibaugh is great.
ReplyDeleteThanks Donald, I noticed Maria doing that hollibaugh technique, so I thought I would give it a whirl.
DeleteI do like your Mooka!!!! And I think you are courages to try Tripoli. I tried it several times, but until now Tripoli and I don't really like eachtother.
ReplyDeleteThanks Anne. Tripoli is still a tough one, especially the curved sides. I will keep trying and think about setting those little puffy triangles in mortar. Maybe that will help.
DeleteLovely Mooka! Very pretty!
ReplyDelete